DAN VILLIERS CURRICULUM VITAE 2014
Dan Villiers is a Northern Tasmanian artist working in many media including pastel, oil and acrylic paint.
Recent prize achievements:
- Highly Commended ArtEx 2013 Rotary Art Awards Ulverstone, Mixed Media.
- Highly Commended TasArt 2013 Burnie, Best Pastel.
- First prize in the Professional Artists category at the 2011 Royal Hobart Show with his pastel painting Last Light Near Oatlands.
- Agriculture Section prize in the Meandering 2011 Art Prize with a pastel painting titled Meander Quilt.
- Best Pastel in the Burnie Art Prize 2010 titled Wynyard Waters
- Highly Commended award in the Meandering 2010 Art Prize
- Highly Commended award in the Meandering 2009 Art Prize
- Winner of the Best Pastel prize in the Launceston Rotary 2008 Art Awards
- Winner of the Agriculture Prize and Major Prize in the Launceston Art Society and Meander Valley Council Meandering 2008 Art Prize.
Dan currently exhibits and sells his work at his gallery/studio, Greenoaks Gallery, 2 St Georges Square, Launceston, Tasmania 7250. www.greenoaksgallery.com.au
- Joint exhibition BodyScape July 2012 at The Mill Gallery
- Joint exhibition BodyView June 2011 at The Mill Gallery
- Joint exhibition at Launceston Country Club February 2011
While living in Switzerland for three years he was inspired to paint the scenery around Lake Geneva. He exhibited these works in four successful watercolour exhibitions, with the local Swiss enamoured by his rendering of their much loved scenery. Several of his watercolour works of the Lake Geneva steamboats hang in a boating Museum in the Swiss-French border town of St-Gingolph.
While living in Sydney, he continued his study of landscape and also the human figure. He won the 2003 North Sydney Art Prize Sporting Prize with a pastel painting of lawn bowlers on the North Sydney Bowling Club greens.